Simply put, a cleaner engine is better protected, and performs better . It’s a fact that all engines generate contaminants. Contaminants such as soot, carbon, and sulfuric are inevitable by products of the combustion process, and all of them end up in your motor oil, to varying degrees. So, the question isn’t whether you need an oil that cleans, but how well your motor oil cleans the dirt and deposits your engine generates.This is why it's important to use a full synthetic motor oil that helps keep engines cleaner.
Many people wonder about the benefits that come from using synthetic motor oil, especially since they notice the price tag is slightly higher than conventional. It all comes down to science. Base oil makes up nearly 80% of a motor oil formulation, and additives make up the remaining nearly 20%. The chemically engineered molecules in synthetic base oil have more uniform properties, while the molecules found in conventional base oil differ in shape and levels of impurity. Did you know that all new Hondas today use synthetic motor oil to help maintain performance? Synthetic motor oil goes to the next level of performance because they use base oil made from natural gas, which is purer than conventional oil made from crude oil. With the help of this revolutionary gas-to-liquid technology, an engine can experience the complete engine protection including cleaner pistons, better gas mileage, more horsepower better protection and extreme temperature performance
As oil circulates through your engine it can pick up deposits. Over time, conventional oils can sometimes form sludge, which can reduce your engine's efficiency and, ultimately, reduce the life of your engine. Honda Genuine Motor Oil contain fewer impurities compared to conventional motor oils and can better resist the formation of sludge thereby preventing deposits from forming in your engine.
Engine parts are in constant contact with each other. They’re also moving at high speeds. In the extreme environment of your engine, components can wear and break down. Your motor oil is the protective barrier between these components. As conventional oils break down, their ability to prevent engine wear diminishes. Honda Genuine Motor Oil, on the other hand, retain their wear protection properties for a much longer time, increasing engine life.
When your car sits for awhile (let’s say overnight) the oil settles. But, when you fire up the ignition, it begins flowing through critical engine parts to protect against friction. With conventional oils, it takes more time until they are able to flow smoothly through the engine. During the cold winter months, or if you live in an extremely cold environment, this flow process takes even longer. Honda Genuine Motor Oil, however, are engineered to flow quickly even at low temperatures, and they start protecting your engine right after you start your car.
When running, engines are hot. Really, really hot. Over time, the high temperatures in your engine can cause conventional motor oils to break down or evaporate exposing your engine to wear. Honda Genuine Motor Oil are engineered to resist these high temperatures, which is especially important if you’re driving in hot climates.
To meet consumer demand, automakers are building cars with smaller engines (for greater fuel efficiency) but adding turbochargers (to boost power). We already mentioned how engines run at high temperatures, which can break down conventional oils faster, but today’s turbocharged engines are even more aggressive. The shaft inside a turbocharger can spin upwards of 200,000 revolutions per minute, so it’s critical that your motor oil can get to that shaft and lubricate it properly very quickly. Conventional oils can break down faster under these conditions and leave deposits on turbocharger components, which can lead to failure. Genuine Honda Motor Oil can protect these components much better than conventional oils, keeping them operating at peak performance and boosting your engine’s power.